Dallas - Frisco
Why choose Circle of Care (CofC)?
At Circle of Care Pediatric Home Health, the work our therapists and assistants do creates value in the homes of the children and families that we serve. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Speech Language Pathologist Assistant to join our team.
As a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant with Circle of Care is responsible for assisting the licensed Speech Language Pathologist in providing speech therapy services to patients of all ages with communication and swallowing disorders. The Speech Language Pathologist Assistant works under the supervision of the licensed Speech Language Pathologist and provides support in implementing therapy plans, documenting progress, and communicating with patients and their families.
Come join our team!
- Full-time and part-time opportunities
- No cap on earnings, generous over-production rates
- Flexible work schedule
- Direct area support for all therapists
- Collaborative leadership workshops and training opportunities
- Full suite of benefits for full-time employees
- Therapy License Renewal reimbursement
- Assist in the evaluation and treatment of patients with speech, language, voice, fluency, and swallowing disorders
- Implement therapy plans developed by the licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Document patient progress in therapy and communicate with the licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- Provide feedback to the licensed Speech Language Pathologist regarding patient performance
- Participate in team meetings to discuss patient progress and treatment plans
- Assist in the development of therapy materials and activities
- Educate patients and families on communication and swallowing disorders, therapy goals, and home exercises
- Maintain patient records and ensure all required documentation is complete and accurate
- Participate in continuing education activities to maintain knowledge and skills
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines for patient care and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Learning Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Results Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Speech Language Pathology Assistant or related field
- Current certification as a Speech Language Pathology Assistant
- Experience working in a home health healthcare setting
- Proficiency in documentation software
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and assist with positioning clients.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to hear and communicate clearly with clients, families, and healthcare professionals.
- Must have manual dexterity and visual acuity to perform therapy techniques.
Circle of Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.