Reports to: Accounts Receivable Director
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full-Time
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Location/Travel: Based out of our corporate office in San Antonio, occasional local errands as needed
The Patient Collections Representative is a key member of the billing department. This position’s main responsibility is to make sure to follow up with and resolve unpaid patient balances for all service locations.
One must conduct self in accordance with the company employee handbook, and all other responsibilities/tasks as required, ongoing, and assigned. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches any overdue account balance that is fully or partially unpaid and follows up by phone, email, and/or EMR text notifications on delinquent payments.
- Coordinates collection activities for delinquent accounts by preparing information for external collection agencies.
- Complies with the Fair Debt Collector Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Responds to inquiries regarding account status.
- Research patient balance accounts thoroughly and documents appropriately.
- Resolves discrepancies and prepares adjustments and refunds as necessary.
- Ensures that all information regarding the collection activity of the account is entered accurately into the billing system.
- Brings recurring issues to the attention of department leadership.
- Initiates payments and resubmits insurance bills as necessary.
- Pursues guarantor(s) for payment obligations when insurance defaults as permitted by law or contractual relationships.
- Report to work punctually at assigned starting time, and have reliable, consistent attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Excellent oral and written communication
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of similar or related experience is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with basic-level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop data
- Experience in an environment with firm deadlines; results-oriented, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience maintaining routine reports and correspondence
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Experience working in a home health and pediatrics environment
Circle of Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary Description:$17.00 per hour