San Antonio - South West
Why choose Circle of Care (CofC)?
At Circle of Care Pediatric Home Health, the work our therapists and assistants do creates value in the homes of the children and families that we serve. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Occupational Therapist Assistant to join our team.
As an Occupational Therapist Assistant with Circle of Care you will work with individuals to improve their ability to perform daily activities and achieve their goals. COTA’s work under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist to provide assistance to clients in improving their ability to perform activities of daily living and achieve their occupational goals.
Come join our team!
- Full-time and part-time opportunities
- No cap on earnings, generous over-production rates
- Flexible work schedule
- Direct area support for all therapists
- Collaborative leadership workshops and training opportunities
- Full suite of benefits for full-time employees
- Therapy License Renewal reimbursement
- Provide support to clients in the implementation of their occupational therapy treatment plans
- Assist in the assessment of clients' needs and progress towards their goals
- Work collaboratively with the occupational therapist to develop treatment plans and interventions
- Assist clients in performing exercises and activities to improve their functional abilities
- Help clients with activities of daily living such as grooming, bathing, and dressing
- Educate clients on ways to improve their functional abilities and prevent injury
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of client progress
- Communicate effectively with clients, families, and other healthcare professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Learning Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Results Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant program
- Valid certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Experience working in a home health healthcare setting
- Proficiency in documentation software
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and reach
- Fine motor skills to use tools and equipment
- Visual and auditory acuity to assess patients' conditions and communicate with patients and colleagues
Circle of Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.