Why choose Circle of Care (CofC)?
At Circle of Care Pediatric Home Health, the work our therapists do creates value in the homes of the children and families that we serve. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Occupational Therapist to join our team.
A Registered Occupational Therapist with Circle of Care will provide diagnostic evaluations and treatment to assigned patients, help patients reach maximum performance levels and to use skills learned to the fullest to function in the community within the limits of their capabilities.
Come join our team!
- Full-time and part-time opportunities
- Paid supervision opportunities
- No cap on earnings, generous over-production rates
- Flexible work schedule
- Direct area support for all therapists
- Collaborative leadership workshops and training opportunities
- Full suite of benefits for full-time employees
- Therapy License Renewal reimbursement
- $300 in annual CEU reimbursement
- Annual Auto and Cell/data allowance
- Administers and writes evaluations of assigned patients in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
- Maintains timely and accurate patient records and reports.
- Designs and administers treatment programs to increase patients' levels of functioning. Uses therapeutic exercises and activities to improve or maintain strength, range of motion, and fine-motor coordination.
- Instruct patients in adapted techniques and the use of adaptive equipment for meal preparation, home management, dressing, feeding, and other self-care skills.
- Provides prevention therapy to maintain functional skills; instructs patients in energy conservation, joint protection, safety techniques for sensory loss, and transferring and visual field deficits; instructs patients' families in personal care for patients, especially proper transfer techniques to avoid back strain.
- Designs home programs and instructs patients or families in carrying out such programs.
- Participates in patient support groups with other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational Agility
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Master’s degree in occupational therapy required
- Current registration with the American Occupational Therapy Association required.
- Licensure or certification by the state of Texas as an OTR.
- One year of experience preferred
- Will engage in movements that involve lifting equipment used in patient care, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases and human waste products.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at times.
Circle of Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.