Occupational Therapist Assistant
Circle of Care Pediatric Home Healthcare Company is looking for individuals to provide Occupational Therapy in South Austin to patients in the home, daycare or community setting as prescribed by the attending physician.
Circle of Care Pediatric is a home health services agency that focuses on providing in home and community based therapies for children up to 20 years old. We are committed to providing a full Circle of Care to your child.
COTA Job Summary:
The occupational therapist assistant assists in the implementation of occupational therapy services to patients in the home in accordance to the plan of care and under to direction and supervision of a qualified occupational therapist.
- A miminum of a 2 yr. Associates Degree
- One (1) full year of supervised work experience preferred
- Licensure or certification by the state of Texas as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Reliable transportation
- Must have current auto insurance coverage
- Valid state driver’s license
- Plans activities and provides occupational therapy services
- Records type of treatment and patient’s reaction to it on clinical/progress notes, which are written on the day of the visit and incorporated in the patient’s record weekly.
- Maintains adequate records on all patient’s, including summary reports
- Utilizes community resources and Agency personnel for proper referral
- Be supervised by an OT as follows: Follow guidelines for supervision as outlined by the Executive Council for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners
- Attends case conferences as requested
- Participates in staff development activities and in-service education as requested
- Confirms, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Patient Care Coordinator to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel
- Notifies Agency of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings, which will all affect agreed services with the Agency
- Participates with staff, supervising OT, patient, and physician in discharge planning activities
- 10 PTO days a year
- 100% Employer paid monthly insurance premiums for you and 50% paid for your dependents
- Employer matching 401K up to 4%
- Competitive pay; paid bi-weekly
- Opportunities for over-productivity pay
- Locations include El Paso, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Austin
We're Always Here for You!
At Circle of Care we're here to help.
We love hearing from our patient's
families and answering questions
along the way.
Feel free to call our office Monday
to Friday, between 8:30am and 5:30pm.
If this matter is of an urgent nature,
please contact your primary physician or call 911.
Call Our 24/7 Help Line Anytime
1 (877) 434-4317